City sports app is an application provided by City Sports Club, where members can check-in to the club using the mobile membership card option, find clubs and classes, and create quick access to your favorite clubs, classes, and instructors. It will also allow you to book personal training sessions, reserve racquetball courts, and review your check-in history.
Removing the slideshow from the landing screen and redesign of the overall look
Space optimization with new bottom menu, and optimization of the hamburger menu
Personalized welcome screen and use of swipe electronic membership card
- Seems like there is not a real analysis of the display priority of the information the users want
- For some members having the membership electronic card handy is the most important feature of the app
- “About” and “My Account” buttons do not need to be on the landing screen
- Find a gym option could be limited to just 10 to 15 miles around.
As a member, you’ll be able to track your gym check-ins and manually record all of your workouts, set goals, connect your workout tracking devices.
Orange Theory is a gym based on couched workout classes, so the app main function is to display and book the different classes schedules.
24H Go Fitness
Extensive Gym app with lots of features such as: workouts schedules, classes, fit planes, local gyms, workouts goals, nutrition tips etc.
“Men and women from the ages of 24 – 54, that live 10 – 15 minutes away from a club location and are looking to maintain or potentially become fit.”
- According to the Google Play and App store reviews, users are not very please with the app
- The overall look and feel of the app needs improvement
- The majority of the members use this app as an electronic id card only
- The calendar synchronization and lack of app calendar itself seems to be a common issue.
Hannah is a nurse who works part-time and full-time mom/wife. Here weekends are full with kids activities.
Though she doesn’t have a lot of free time, she tries to balance work, family and staying in shape.
She enjoys Spin and Zumba classes. She makes it to the gym two to three times a week.
Pains and Wants
- No easy way of finding classes in other nearby locations
- She wishes she can book the gym childcare and register to her classes thru the app.
Carlos works as R.N. for Sutter Health and is a new home owner. He wants to plant few fruit trees in his backyard, but he has no previous experience with gardening.
Pains and Wants
Carlos loves his smart home devices and wishes for a smart device that can help him with his gardening.
George was going through some health issues and decided to change his lifestyle in order to improve his health. He also wanted to introduce healthy living to his family.
Pains and Wants
Between work and family, George has a very busy life. He doesn’t have a lot of time to take care of his fruit trees.
It’s Friday morning and Hannah is having breakfast with her kids, when she receives a notification on her phone that her 9:00 am zumba class on Sunday has been cancelled.
On Saturday as she is buying groceries , she opens her City Sports club app to look for a similar class at other nearby gyms.
She finds a class at the Mountain View City Sports club at 9:15 am. She books the class.
Later, one her way home, she books child- care for her children in that location.
PERSONA 1 | TASK 1